The Penfield Foundation is working on several projects that
we could use your help with.
If you are interested in helping with any of these
projects, please contact the museum at 518-597-3804 or email@example.com
These projects include:
- Upgrading and reorganizing the Research Library. This project is ongoning and will continue with the continued efforts of our Volunteer Research Team.
- Designing a coloring book. We received a grant from Stewart's Shops to develop
educational materials for school groups that visit. We would like to design
a coloring book that would be given to school groups when they visit the museum
to teach them about iron mining, electricity and life in the 1800's. If you
would like to assist in this project, please contact the museum.
- Indexing-We are attempting to create indexes of our historical holdings
(ledgers, journals, etc.) to make them more accessible to our researchers.
- The unused outhouse was converted to a storage shed for event supplies. Completed.
- Restoring the Church basement for a community meeting room and kitchen. Ongoing.
- Restoration of the interior of the Homestead. Ongoing.
These are just a few of the projects we are currently working on. But
we need your help. Volunteers and donations are needed to make these projects
a reality. We invite you to visit us and see our works in progress!